HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
Helps With More Than Just Serving Data, But Also With Recovery

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for 3PAR is virtualization, SQL Server data, and backup logs. We also use it for our Citrix VDI environment.

We have been using 3PAR for two years. It has been performing as expected. We are actually getting ready to invest a big chunk of money to expand our 3PAR.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved multiple things. Integration with current HPE products that we have, e.g., backups with integration within Veeam and restores of a huge file server using Veeam. Across the board, it has helped with more than just serving data, but also with recovery.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • Ease of training for my new staff and junior level staff.
  • The support that we receive from HPE.

What needs improvement?

I would like more integration with OneView. I would also like to be able to deploy and manage 3PAR within OneView Global Dashboard so we do not have to use the interface for 3PAR. Overall, I would like more integration, which I think is coming.

It meets and exceeds all my expectations. It is easy to scale. It is fairly inexpensive to scale. It easily does whatever I need it to do.

When we have a failed drive or any failure, we receive emails and do not have to open cases.

They make the replacement of any parts easy along with the analysis of any issues with the servers, 3PARs, and any upgrades which need to be happening, in addition to any detrimental performance issues.

We previously had Dell Compellent. We switched because we were using HPE Compute and HPE Blades, and it seemed like we might as well go all in on HPE. Also, we were not getting what we thought we wanted for performance out of Compellent.

It was the easiest SAN that I have ever set up.

I do not know if I can put a number on it. When we buy products, we do not put ROI on it. It is more performance, and does it meet our business needs?

This product has been exceeding anything else that we have had in the environment firsthand.

Give 3PAR a good consideration. Budget wise, 3PAR is a lot of money compared to other solutions, but what is in the 3PAR integration that customers are getting now from the Nimble and InfoSight acquisitions, it is worthwhile.

What other advice do I have?

This system has been (by far) the easiest to use, manage, and expand.

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of 3PAR typically within 24 hours.