HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
It has given us the performance and stability that we require to run our enterprise

What is our primary use case?

We use 3PAR as the primary storage in our environment for all our Tier 1 applications.

We have been using it since 2015. It has performed well. You guys have gotten a lot better with the 8000 and 20000 series.

How has it helped my organization?

We design a lot of our DR and business continuity strategy around 3PAR Peer Persistence and other copy services.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are their tight integration with VMware, their multi-node architecture, and their copy services, such as Peer Persistence. We are a big MetroCluster user.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the following:

• NVMe support, not only on the disk side, but also in the NVMe over Fibre Channel.
  • More advanced copy features.
  • A few user improvements on their SSMC product.
  • Mesh-Active, which I hear is coming.

One improvement that they could do right now is with the way they do their metric clustering. With Peer Persistence, they use a Lua. It would be really nice to have a volume that is truly Active-Active in both of our data centers.

Three to five years.

It has been quite a stable product, which is why we continue to invest in it.

It definitely scales.

We use HPE technical support. We have gotten every question answered, so they have been helpful.

We were look for a refresh. At the time, IBM was not keeping up with their VMware integration, especially with VVols. It was quite obvious that HPE was a leader in it, and this steered us into looking at them. Then, we found out that the product could do everything we needed it to do.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

For the price that we were able to acquire it, we have seen it give us the performance and stability that we require to run our enterprise. They have also added features, such as the compression and duplication, which have further increased our ROI.

NetApp, Pure Storage, and IBM. We chose HPE because they checked all the boxes.

What other advice do I have?

Nine out of 10 times, the system does exactly what we need it to do.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Knowing that the product works. We like to choose bigger companies. We do not like to invest in startups because you never know if they will be acquired.

We have a good existing relationship with HPE, which was a lot of what steered us toward using them in the storage space.

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of 3PAR typically within 24 hours.