HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

Completes the HPE solution for my clients

What is our primary use case?

3PAR completes the HPE solution for my clients. It gives them an environment that is straight HPE from a storage perspective, from a networking perspective with Aruba, from a compute perspective with Synergy. It completes the whole show with 3PAR on the storage side.

The performance of 3PAR is beautiful.

How has it helped my organization?

I only offer HPE exclusively, so it fits with the other pieces. The storage, the servers, the compute, the networking. They're all part of the same suite.

What is most valuable?

It's meant for the future. If you have certain storage requirements, for years to come it will be able to handle them. The price point is aggressive. We're ahead of the competition when it comes to feature sets. In a situation where clients have an existing 3PAR infrastructure, it is the perfect fit.

It is a very stable environment. This is round-three for some of our clients, round-three of orders. We had some orders that came in about three years ago and then another one last year and they're now going through the third round.

It's modular so you can add more. It is scalable.

Technical support is great. Most of the solutions that we offer, we offer with 24/7 support.

Usually, any 3PAR solution we offer includes the startup services from HPE. It is straightforward to set up. Setup is usually a same-day project.

In scenarios where my clients have an existing 3PAR, its a perfect fit. It will give them redundancy and they can buy more SSDs.

What other advice do I have?

The HPE enterprise name is crucial for my clients when considering which vendor to go with. They have been HPE clients for a long time, many years. To them, this brand gives them confidence that the solution will work. They also have great local support from the HPE team and from us.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: HPE authorized service provider, reseller.