HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
Provides the scalability and capacity growth that we need to support a dynamic environment

What is our primary use case?

We use 3PAR as our primary virtualization storage target. We have a multi-tenant environment, and we have multiple 3PARs, one per tenant.

I have used 3PAR in multiple job locations since about 2012. I've had phenomenal success with it.

How has it helped my organization?

It is the scalability that helps with the functionality of the organization, which is dynamic. The clients that we support have a tendency to come at us with unexpected requirements, and we are able to adapt well with the 3PARs.

We are a tenanted organization, so when they come at us with new requirements, we are able to adapt easily.

What is most valuable?

Stability and high performance are the most valuable. Even when we had a poorly architected array, we were able to modify the hardware configuration to get the performance where it needed to be. So, it is flexible, scalable, and stable.

What needs improvement?

Self-encrypting drives by default: When you run across a situation where they aren't SEDs, and you need SEDs, then you have to rip and replace everything to get there. It would be nice if they just came by default.

More than five years.

It is reliable.

It scales. The range of products allows for implementation, regardless of your needs, as there are small and large deployments.

We have used tech support for array expansion, as well as firmware updates. We have had great success with them.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

I see the ROI value:

• We get the scalability and capacity growth that we need to support a dynamic environment.
  • The lifespan of the arrays are fantastic, so we can make them stretch for our dollar.

I have used a wide range of storage arrays, and I tend to fall back on the 3PARs as my preferred target for storage. I have had great success with them. The technology has always been a step ahead. Their implementation of thin provisioning was superior when it was out. They have continued to adapt that technology to stay ahead of the curve.

What other advice do I have?

This product is a go-to for me.

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of 3PAR typically within 24 hours.