HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

It was straightforward, simple, and easy to set up for managing compute and storage

What is our primary use case?

I am with a healthcare system. It is for our electronic medical record.

It has been fantastic. No issues.

How has it helped my organization?

It is all a part of the GreenLake offering that we have, which includes monitoring, performance, and being able to accelerate delivery with the platform. This is most critical for us.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for me are the simple management of the platform and its performance.

What needs improvement?

It needs the addition of InfoSight, which is the most critical, along with predictive analytics and AI.

Less than one year.

It has been rock solid for us.

It has been rock solid for us.

We have not used their technical support.

We took a look at what our current challenges were with just traditional compute and storage, and we were not fully integrated with those solutions. This solution allowed us to standardize on one platform and be able to deliver it in a quick way. That was all around the most beneficial.

It was straightforward, simple, and easy to set up, along with the OneView tools, for managing both compute and storage. It took a couple of days to set up, and two to three days to get familiar with the interface.

With our electronical health record, we are one of the few customers who are able to offer it as a service to other hospital systems. We are able to deliver these services to our customers, not just within our current business, but future businesses.

My recommendation would be to engage professional services, if you have questions. We sat down and went through a very extensive (six to eight month) evaluation from the components. We visited some labs and other sites.

Take advantage of what HPE offers as far as professional services, and this will help you make the right decision.

We did evaluate other solutions. We chose 3PAR because of the converge system, the all in one solution.

What other advice do I have?

It has been very beneficial for us.

The most important criteria when evaluating a vendor:

• Resiliency
  • The data replication features
  • An all-flash array
  • Performance.
More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.