HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

You can't beat its scalability. Just add more storage space when you need it.

What is our primary use case?

We use it for virtualization, vCenter, and infrastructure.

We have simple needs. We are a very small shop and are not a technology company, but we do have mobile apps and websites that we provide to our customers.

I am new with the company. I have only been there about a year now, but I understand that they have had this system for at least three to five years.

The performance has been fantastic. It has not had many issues whatsoever, and what issues they do have, the support picks up on it quickly. They send us tickets saying that they are doing work without us even having to engage them. So, that is very nice.

What is most valuable?

All-in-one containment: I do not have to worry about cross systems talking to each other or multiple systems trying to interact with each other. Our entire vCenter infrastructure is one large stack, which is nice.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a little better integration with OneView and provisioning ESX Hosts, but other than that it meets our needs.

Possibly because of the version that we are running, but we do not have not enough features.

Less than one year.

I am very impressed with the stability. We have had a stable environment for at least the year that I have been at the organization.

You can't beat its scalability. Just add more storage space when you need it, which is very simple.

Technical support is very responsive. Most of the time, they are engaged before we even know about problems that are there. However, for things like disk outages, you have to arrange for somebody to come out and do something.

They have been very helpful, and worked within our schedules and our maintenance windows. We are very pleased with them.

We absolutely see the ROI. Sometimes when you purchase large pieces of equipment like this, uptiming is a huge thing that we need. Also, the stability of the system along with the fact that we have had to put very little time into the product once it was up, established, and running has reduced our costs. It allows us to focus on other important projects, rather than having to constantly restructure the infrastructure.

What other advice do I have?

Support is great. The hardware is great. Unfortunately, we are running on an older version.

I would recommend taking a look at it. I have been looking at the newer options and technology. Not much has changed with it, so the expectations are still there that it would be a solid choice for somebody else.