HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

Moving past traditional hard drives has improved performance and increased productivity

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution internally for our test environments.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution handles everything to do with our business. If it’s down then we can’t deliver to our customers. We can do more, faster, whether it's spinning up more virtual machines or handling large amounts of data.

The All-Flash has positioned us for growth because we can do more. Going past traditional hard drives has really been fantastic for us. Our performance has increased by anywhere from fifty to one hundred percent. Moreover, our deployment time has been reduced by about fifty percent.

For us, the increase in throughput translates to an increase in productivity.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its security.

The deduplication functionality is fantastic.

What needs improvement?

We had a minor error when we were configuring this system, which initially detracted from its overall stability.

We had some minor issues at first, although it was mostly due to configuration. Since those were ironed out it's been very smooth.

The scalability of this solution is excellent.

Technical support for this solution has been great.

Prior to implementing this solution we were using one by Dell. We were not meeting our commitments to customers because it was not meeting our performance requirements.

We had a lot of legacy hardware in our environment, and the step into the future by implementing this solution has been fantastic.

The initial setup was a little complex. It was our first time setting it up but now as we're doing another iteration it is much smoother.

We used a consultant to assist with our deployment and it was a good experience.

We get about twenty percent more productivity out of our people because we use this solution.

We do not have any licensing fees.

We only considered solutions by HPE because we have a partnership between our companies and they are our number one pick.

What other advice do I have?

This product has met our expectations. Once we got past the minor configuration issues, it's been smooth sailing, so I'm very happy with it. It is important to understand the terminology upfront because it helps prepare to do the actual implementation.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.