HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

Performs well, the support is good, and it is a stable product

What is our primary use case?

We use the StoreServ as our main storage device. We have one unit in the main site and the other in the DR site, with replication between them. We have a file server running, it hosts our database, and it acts as our Exchange server.

What is most valuable?

The performance is very good.

What needs improvement?

This product has come to the end of its lifecycle. We could keep it for many years but we are following the recommendation from HPE and are looking to either the Nimble or the Primera.

This is an expensive product, so the price could be reduced.

We have been using the HPE 3PAR StoreServ in our organization for about five years.

This is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. We have 50 users in our company and our clients have approximately 500 people who are using it.

Technical support is perfect.

We did a comparison in the market, and HPE was the best service providers for regular configuration and for the remote configuration.

Previously, we were using HPE MSA.

The installation, which included migration from our old system, took approximately one week.

The HPE partner installed this solution for us.

We have an IT member in our organization to maintain it, but we have a support contract with a center that is a supporter of HPE. They provide us with support and services. This is not only for storage but for everything that is included.

The SSD is a little bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are now thinking about transitioning to the HPE Nimble or Primera, although not this year. This may happen in 2022. We plan to continue using this solution for performance, and availability. We are following the recommendation of HPE. They have recently started to mention the Primera and Nimble, which is why we are studying them.

We are not looking as much at Nimble because we are interested in the 100% availability that Primera has. The Primera is a little more expensive than the Nimble, so this is something that we have to think about.

This is a good solution and I can recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

8200
More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.