HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

User-friendly, best technical support, but needs more stability and capacity

What is our primary use case?

It is used in data centers. We are using HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8400.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to set up, easy to use, and user-friendly. It is easier to work with HPE 3PAR than with Hitachi. Its technical support is also good.

What needs improvement?

It is suitable for medium-sized businesses and data centers with less number of users and less important data. It is not really an enterprise-level solution. It needs more capacity.

It is also not really stable. It should be more stable. It should also support any server model. It is really weak in this area.

I have been working with this solution for three years.

It is not really stable. It should be more stable.

Its scalability is good, but it needs a bigger capacity for an enterprise data center. We have around 1,000 users.

Their technical support is really good. HP is the best in terms of technical support.

The initial setup is easy. It is easier to install than Hitachi. You need two or three people for its deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Hitachi over this solution. We plan to keep using this solution because it is useful for one or two of our projects.

I would rate HPE 3PAR StoreServ a seven out of ten.

More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.