HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

We chose to go with it because it runs on OpenVMS.

What is most valuable?

We went with 3PAR because we primarily use other storage solutions for our main production products. We chose 3PAR for one product because it runs on OpenVMS and it's only certified to run on HPE. That's why we went with 3PAR. It was a smooth transition over. It went pretty stable. We got an outside HPE VAR to help with the rollover. It's been very stable since we moved to it so.

What needs improvement?

It's a mature product. It's been working fine.

It's been about eight months.

Hard to say with that product line. That product line, it's much more mature. It doesn't grow that dramatically, so we planned ahead with a five year window, to be on that platform. It's running fine. We're not running into any hurdles right now.

We have an HPE VAR on the openVMS side that helps us too. We kind of reach out to them if we do.

We switched from a really old legacy platform storage solution that was just into life. We were running it on Data Vault which was an HPE product.

We switched from a really old legacy platform storage solution. I'm pretty sure we were running it on NetApp at the time.

In most cases Pure Storage is better. It's better overall, and allows us to scale up faster, the cost of ownership's lower, and the replication across areas is good. 3PAR is not bad either, but Pure Storage is just more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I would also evaluate others hard. We use Pure Storage in other areas a lot.

More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.