HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

The most valuable features are performance and support.

What is most valuable?

The performance and the support are pretty good.

How has it helped my organization?

Performance. We used to be with NetApp. The overall performance is much better with this solution.

What needs improvement?

Maybe they could have better alerting. We've had an issue where we had a flapping network link, and it didn't tell us that was happening. We only saw symptoms of the issue. I'd like to see better reporting for those types of issues. Even though the support is better than NetApp was, there are still some improvements they could make in their support.

The stability is very good.

The scalability is good.

I have used technical support and it usually is good. Their support is very hands-on compared to NetApp. Sometimes we have issues where they, just like any other vendor, point fingers at either networking or the hardware. We've encountered that with them, as well. Overall, support was good.

The old system was outdated. We were having performance issues with it and the support wasn't great. It was just time to shop for a new the solution. When selecting a vendor, I look for support, performance, and customization.

I was involved in the setup and it was straightforward.

Our shortlist included Nimble and 3PAR. One reason we changed was because we have local support.

What other advice do I have?

I still think it is the best solution out there. HPE will help support issues or even upgrades.

More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.