HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

The deduplication and compression features allow me to buy less storage to fulfill my business needs.

What is most valuable?

The ease-of-use, reliability, and the value I get for the capacity are the most valuable features. All of the deduplication and compression features allow me to buy much less storage to fulfill my business needs. I don't have very many support issues with it.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefit to the company is less down time. I can put my time towards other things, such as finding ways to increase performance or doing more proactive tasks.

What needs improvement?

Support has gone down a little bit in the past few years. It's hard to get the right person initially and sometimes you have to wait for a call back. It was better when it was 3PAR.

Stability is great and it's getting better every year. I have less and less issues as HPE works on the software.

Our newer array is much more scalable than I had in the past. I don't anticipate ever reaching a limit on it.

Overall, technical support is great, other than some problems getting connected with the right person. But once you get to the right technical resources, they are very easy to work with and quickly resolve our issues.

Initially, we were using another HPE DBA product and we were hitting its limits. So this was a great fit for us. We bought it just before HPE acquired it and the solution has been great ever since. This solution replaced a product that wasn't scaling well for us. Now we have a nice, scalable solution.

When we are looking for a vendor, we want somebody who can be a true partner with us and not just somebody trying to sell us something.

I was not involved in the setup of the original 3PARs we have, but I was involved in five subsequent installations. They were straightforward compared to other storage products that I've used, such EMC.

I'm sure they probably looked at EMC, but I wasn't there for the initial sale. For now, we are staying with HPE.

What other advice do I have?

Don’t have any second thoughts and just go with it. It's really a great product and should fulfill most business needs. It is easy to use.

More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users