HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

A storage solution with a useful team provisioning feature, but cloud integration could be better

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for databases and file share.

What is most valuable?

I like that 3PAR can remake the disk online. That's one of the best features because when we first started, that was the best. The team provisioning feature was also a good one. Those features are the best for me, provisioning and online optimization, and the tier you can have for storage.

What needs improvement?

Cloud integration could be better. They can also add an NVMe to port to that. I would like to see NVMe in the next release. That's the future or the near future for storage. That will give us a real high throughput and some performance.

I have been working with HPE 3PAR StoreServ for about ten years or since the beginning when the product was in the market.

It's quite stable. The only problem that I have found with this product is when you are missing storage space. When you lack storage space, and the disk is full is when you have most of the problems with this product. But if you don't have these issues, you'll almost never have a problem with it.

Scalability could be better. I think it's getting short right now, and another product has more scalability. This product, I think, is medium if that's acceptable. I don't know how to measure it.

I think it's excellent. I actually think they are very good.

The initial setup is easy. It takes between two to four hours to upload the functions.

It's a good price.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to run this solution, I would say that this product is mostly dying from my point of view. If you're my customer, I would recommend not to buy a 3PAR because there are a lot of new products. I would recommend Nimble, depending on the size, or a Primera if they need a really big solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give HPE 3PAR StoreServ a seven.

8200
More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.