HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

We have additional space in the enclosures for additional disks, so we can scale up without any downtime

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is Oracle, VMware, and Citrix. Performance is good, but our main scope is to have high availability.

How has it helped my organization?

We have 24 hour production, so it is working.

What is most valuable?

High availability features are the most important for us.

What needs improvement?

Maybe someone can add the suite of features into the Synergy enclosures. That would be a great feature for us.

I would like them to improve it so I can do firmware upgrades without downtime.

It is very stable. That is why we bought it.

Sometimes when we do firmware upgrades, then we must have downtime, but this is plant maintenance.

Scalability is very good. We now use only 50% of controllers, so we can scale up from 50% to 100%, when we need it. We also have additional space in the enclosures for additional disks, so we can scale up without any downtime.

We have automatic technical support.

We have called technical support. They are helpful and do not give you the runaround.

We have compared a lot of vendors and this was the best solution for us. We were running it when it was originally 3PAR and was not merged with HPE.

We are very happy with the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Support is very important for us and the reaction time when we have a problem.

20800
More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
533,285 professionals have used our research since 2012.