HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

All-flash is the most innovative way of using storage

What is our primary use case?

We use 3PAR as a shared platform for services, applications, and databases.

How has it helped my organization?

For the past three years, all-flash has been the most innovative way of using storage, based on the 3PAR platform.

What is most valuable?

It is scalable.

What needs improvement?

I am hoping to see some snapshot functionalities: Oracle snapshots, snapshots for VMware, and hypervisor snapshots.

We have had some bad issues on stability. Also, the new feature sets, like deduplication and compression, are complex to work with. I hope when I view the roadmap that they will be less complex.

More than five years.

We have a bad track record on the 3PAR system. We also have some Virtual Fibre Channel (VFC) storage platforms. However, we had a bad start on 3PAR. It is going better now.

We are managing more than 50 3PAR arrays worldwide. In our test centers, we are managing 15 HP all-flash arrays. The use of it is to be able to scale the platform. This is the most flexible way and one of the requirements for use in our environment.

Our administrator uses the support every day. So far, I hear that it is working okay. The Call-Hall function is what we are putting our value on. This is also the primary reason for using their support.

We were using EMC VMAX, EMC VNX, and NetApp. We switched due to price.

HPE has always done the initial hardware setup of the solution. It is straightforward, because we have good local engineers.

The performance compared to other products. Over time having the product and using it for six years, the performance has been a tremendous and bought about positive things.

We always channel all our vendors whether it is HPE or some others. Price is one of the most important features, but functionalities, availability, and the scalability of the systems is also very important.

What other advice do I have?

Do some benchmarks on it and compare the requirements for whoever will be installing this product.

More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE EVA
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.