Micro Focus ALM Review
We've found the requirements repository, signature-approval capability, and traceability matrix reporting to be useful.

Valuable Features

The most useful are the requirements repository, the ability to link requirements to test script steps, and the use of traceability matrix reporting.

Improvements to My Organization

Houses requirements and testing with approvals all in one place. Signature approval capability was very useful.

Room for Improvement

It could be better by incorporating more spell checking and word processing functionalities in steps. Also, it could be more user friendly to "call" other scripts.

Use of Solution

I have used the latest version of ALM for about four years, but I have used all previous versions going back to 2001 through to today.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

Mostly with the blocking of users when the license limit was reached.

It's 5/10 as our own resources were more useful at solving issues.

It's 5/10 - our own resources were more useful at solving issues due to time constraints with responses.

We did not have a previous solution. This was our first solution.

Other Advice

Make sure it is easy to use for your roles. If you have technical people, other solutions may be better (like resources with VB expertise, etc.). Make sure you implement it as organized by system functionality, not by project.

My current company is just starting to use it, and they keep copying test plans for each project instead of reusing original test plans, which is a waste of time and resources.