HPE Apollo Review

Easy to maintain, cost-effective, scalable, and resilient

What is most valuable?

The cost benefit of this solution is most valuable. It is quite effective for the work for which we are using it. We are mainly running video servers on these, and we are quite happy with the resilience, density storage, and streaming capacity of the system.

What needs improvement?

We are quite happy with it, but its price and storage density can be better.

I have been using this solution for three to four years. We have two different generations. We have servers that were bought four years ago and two years ago.

It is stable.

It is easy to scale. We are on top of it. We have an application from a specific vendor. We, as well as the software vendor, are happy with it.

It was really straightforward. The process for installing and commissioning the services was easy.

We are using our own teams for installation. We are quite autonomous on it. We internally have the knowledge to do the job. We are happy with it.

Our infrastructure team is managing all the hardware, virtual machines, and operating systems. We have around 2,000 servers. We don't have a dedicated team for Apollo. We have a team that takes care of all the generations of servers, including Apollo.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend this solution. It is easy to maintain. If you have an infrastructure team, you won't have any problem with it.

I would rate HPE Apollo a nine out of ten.

More HPE Apollo reviews from users