ArcSight Review

It correlates security events and then allows us to take action to address those events.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is its ability to correlate security events and then allowing us to take action to address those events.

How has it helped my organization?

We're able to customize it so that it suits our business needs.

What needs improvement?

Although we're able to customize it, it requires some level of subject-matter expertise for all the special adapters for collection.

We also had initial stability issues that were probably caused by our architecture and not the solution itself.

We've been on the on-site platform for four years.

We've had no issues with deployment.

We had some initial issues withs stability, but we worked through it. I think our architecture and design were initially flawed, so that was more of our problem and not HP's.

We've had no issues scaling it in the last three years.

We've used technical support several time and found them to be good.

We moved from a managed outsource service, provided by a competitor. He wanted to in-source it, or in-house it, so we had the ability to be a little bit more effective and nimble.

The initial setup was complex, but HP's professional services helped us out.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you staff up internally, and have the right subject-matter expertise to take advantage of the platform. Otherwise, it's not going to help.