HPE BladeSystem Review

Dependable hardware that is scalable and not expensive

What is our primary use case?

We use BladeSystem is something that we use simply as hardware that is very reliable.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable thing about BladeSystem is just like the purpose of the product: it is reliable hardware.

What needs improvement?

What we want to improve would be to add more management capability for BladeSystem to be integrated with a cloud platform in a hybrid model.

Another point to improve. There are sometimes problems with laptops having issues in connecting with virtual connections to the database. The virtual connections can be improved.

We have been using HPE BladeSystem for a long time. We have always worked with HP it has been between five to ten years working with their products.

BladeSystem is a very stable solution.

As it is the hardware that all the applications are running on, it is not like software. You know what you are using and the capacity, it is not like scaling the number of users. The capability of the hardware can be upgraded and more blades can be added. So it is scalable. We are definitely going to continue to use this product and we will scale it as needed.

The technical support is very good. Generally, we use a subcontractor to do a lot of the things that we require. If they need to, they can contact HPE and work with them. There do not seem to be any issues working this way.

I have used a lot of products so, I would have to make a long list of products here. It is probably good enough to know that from all of them, we have chosen to work with HPE. We feel it is the best fit and the most reliable product that we can use and it is a reasonable price.

The installation is very straight forward. We set up the hardware and there is nothing unique or complicated.

The amount of time the deployment takes depends on the number of servers that need to be deployed. For the typical deployment, we have an HPE engineer on site. For each server it is very quick, let's say one week. The complexity is not very high.

Ordinarily, we work with a general contractor such as an integrator of a consultant, but that is assuming we have a new deployment.

It is not expensive, really, in this class of server products, but as a customer, we always hope that the pricing could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product for other users who wants to start using it. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate HPE BladeSystem as an eight-out-of-ten.

The product can be improved and earn a higher rating by improving virtual connection integration, maybe lowering the cost (without degrading the quality of the product), and having a dedicated contact with HP for some critical issues if they arise.

More HPE BladeSystem reviews from users