HPE BladeSystem Review

Support applications and virtualization across the entire organization with scalable hardware

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution like a hypervisor to host our applications. We have secondary areas for our accounting and manufacturing. That is a separate legacy system. We also use it as a SQL server.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable. Also, their support is amazing. If there is any issue, within a couple of hours, they will ship the box from another country and within a couple of hours, it will be here.

What needs improvement?

- Ability to connect storage bay to all servers inside the enclosure not only Adjacent server.

- simplified High Availability Configuration to connect the enclosure to different external switches.

We have been using HPE BladeSystem for around 4-5 years.

It is easy to scale. You can connect as many servers as you need depending on your account type.

The support is amazing.

I used to use a different solution but it was too different to compare. It was a very old system and it did not operate in the same way.

Regarding the setup, it is easy for the blade itself, but the integration with the network devices needs to be done by someone who knows the product.

The training takes something like five days and it is worth the effort to be able to do implementation and management by yourself.

What other advice do I have?

My recommendation to people considering this solution is to just make sure that the blade will be supported by the existing system. This is the only issue that we faced. It will be hard to integrate with some older switches. Usually, you will not be able to configure this solution with high availability if you are using older solutions. You cannot add it to a regular storage server. It is one of the limitations that you can not just add a storage unit for the blades.

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate this product as a nine.

More HPE BladeSystem reviews from users