HPE BladeSystem Review

Scalability: You can get a blade that uses up to four slots, and put Integrity or Titanium blade systems on the chassis as well.

What is most valuable?

We're using different blades for different load purposes. We can decide if we want to use storage blades for storage or we can use compute modes for compute performance, and you can also upsize them. You can even combine different blades servers for greater effectiveness.

We're very satisfied with the system. I'm a Linux administrator and we quite enjoy the flexibility of the blade system.

What needs improvement?

I suppose new chips would be an improvement, but they do get new Intel chips every year. This provides better throughput on CPU workloads.

Additionally, our network is constantly getting saturated, so I would suggest also a faster network of fabrics as another improvement.

We've been running the system for three years.

It's very stable. We haven't had any network issues on the flexed fabric ends.

You can get a blade that uses two slots instead of one. You can even put Integrity blade systems on the chassis as well, or the old Titanium systems. They can use up to four slots, actually. It's quite scalable.

We've been an HP shop for so long and that's why we stick with them. We previously used EMC.

I wasn't involved in the setup.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it, you'll be happy. If you're a technical person, it's quite easy to manage and operate.

More HPE BladeSystem reviews from users