HPE BladeSystem Review

We get higher density and better hardware maintenance.

What is most valuable?

We can better maintain physical servers and takes up only half the cabinet space. We have from 8-16 physical servers in one chassis, so it's better for maintenance in case of hardware failure on one of these BladeSystems. We get higher density and better hardware maintenance.

How has it helped my organization?

More physical resources can be added to our pool with better maintenance.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a better UI for configuring the VDX switches.

We are very satisfied with the stability.

For scalability, it is better to work withHPE Apollo servers, which is not what we are using. I think HPE provides all the products that work better and quicker.

Technical support is very good.

We were using older generation HP BladeSystems. We switched to the new version, because we needed more capacity. We were satisfied already with the existing BladeSystem, so we wanted to continue using it and went with the latest generation available.

Initial setup is straightforward for the physical servers, but took a bit more time to configure the virtual connect switches inside the chassis.

The price is affordable for what we want in new physical resources.

We looked at Dell and Quanta. HPE has very good technical support and that makes a difference; at least compared with Quanta for instance.

What other advice do I have?

List what you need regarding new capacities of:

• RAM memory
  • CPU power
  • Your budget
  • High availability limitation
  • Support

We want a vendor to provide support for any hardware failure. They need to be able to respond quickly and so we can recover from a hardware failure and put it back into production.