Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE BladeSystem Review
Due to its programmatic nature, there is minimum downtime.

Valuable Features

The virtual connect side of networking and the manageability through that is by far the biggest win for us. The blades come and go as racks do, but the virtualization back of it means a lot less hands on and a lot more manageability.

Improvements to My Organization

The biggest benefit is the minimum downtime due to the programmatic nature of the whole thing.

Room for Improvement

There’s nothing that I don't already know is coming out.

We've had them for quite a few years now. Early on it was a bit hit and miss, but more recently it has become far more stable.

We have not gone full scale with it. We only have it in small areas of the data center at the moment.

We have not used technical support.

We knew we needed a new solution because our data center costs were rising on our racks and we just had to slimline down into a more compact solution.

The early stages weren't as smooth as they should have been. I was involved in the initial setup and it was complex because of the nature we wanted to use it in; a very virtualized network and storage capacity. It wasn't quite straightforward and it meant a great deal of complex planning to make sure we got it right in the first place and the initial setup didn't cause problems later on.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at Dell solutions.

When selecting a vendor, reputation and pricing are most important.

Other Advice

Spend as much time as possible planning before you go anywhere near it.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE BladeSystem?

Our experts can help. 242,854 professionals have used our research on 6,016 solutions.