HPE BladeSystem Review

The product allowed us to save physical space and energy.

What is most valuable?

The product's stability, robustness, and support for Integrity blades were valuable because we ran 24x7x365 operations.

How has it helped my organization?

The product allowed us to save physical space and energy. Initially, we only bought this product to use Integrity blades. Eventually we used the vacant slots for HP x86 blades, which we used for Vsphere. This decision allowed us to save even more physical space.

I have used this solution for 11 years.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

In general, I did not encounter any issues with scalability. Though we did run into incompatibility issues with a recent blade purchase that was incompatible with our existing fiber channel ports.

Technical support is great pre-sales. Technical support is also great for troubleshooting post-sales, but only if you speak with a high-level tech support professional. Their first-level tech support professionals are not great.

I did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was a turn-key installation.

We did not evaluate other options for the blade system. However we did evaluate other options/vendors for the storage system.

What other advice do I have?

The x86 blades and Vsphere implementation is relatively easy. The C7000 supports newer HP blades. The product is very robust and we have not experienced downtime within the last 11 years of use.