HPE BladeSystem Review

Convenient for virtualization and has the ideal server density

What is our primary use case?

The HPE BladeSystem c7000 is very convenient for virtualization. We have virtualized about forty Blade servers. It is easy to manage and has ideal server density.

How has it helped my organization?

HPE Blade system has the ideal server density that saves your data center space and reduces cable traffic in cabinets.

What is most valuable?

With just one cable, for redundancy it's around two, you can feed sixteen servers in a single c7000 chassis.

What needs improvement?

The only side that must be improved is the active-passive interconnect module architecture. This blocks interconnects so that they can be upgraded simultaneously.

Seven years.

The scalability is very flexible. You are not limited to any spec like server type, network, or fiber module differences.

HPE's customer service is almost perfect, they are number one, at least in this class.

The initial setup is not so complex, but regardless I strongly advise you to get vendor support.

For anybody planning to use the c7000 for virtualization, I strongly advise you to use half-height servers. This gives the advantage of using sixteen Blades in a single chassis.