HPE Cloud CDN [EOL] Review

You pay for services only as and when you need them. There are various support structures.

What is most valuable?

It’s about transforming a traditional IT company. I'm an HPE channel partner, so we sell solutions to clients. In other words, we don't buy, per se. We offer what HPE offers because HPE is one of our partners.

We do use the product ourselves to a certain extent in-house. For example, we have our own infrastructure where we host some of our own systems. It's more private, but we do also sell infrastructure to certain clients. Those clients are still, in a way, using traditional IT ware. They're just using the infrastructure as it is without exactly forming a private or public cloud. Transforming to a hybrid infrastructure session is key, because it points out how we can turn traditional IT organisational setups into hybrid infrastructures to streamline their processes and efficiency and eventually cut costs at the same time.

How has it helped my organization?

It speeds up clients' workflow and productivity. Deployment is faster, for example. They can test and build applications. They can build virtual machines, test them and have them deployed in a much shorter period of time. It increases the efficiency of IT operations and it cuts costs because you pay for services only as, and when, you need them. For example, you don't have to buy a full server just for one purpose. You use it for, let's say, a week and then it just sits there for the rest of the year. Rather than having a setup where you can just pay for that service, suppose you only need it for that week and when you're done with it, you don't need to have it.

What needs improvement?

I've yet to encounter any serious problems, so it would be hard for me to predict any solutions. As they bring new releases out, they tend to be more user friendly and easier to manage. I hope that they continue to do so. It will be easier to use and easier to manage so that the resistance from the market is not high. They'll just work on the development.

It's a very stable solution and it works. That's what matters. It's good for high availability systems: systems that can't afford downtime, systems that need to be up and running. For example, we deal with financial institutions. They need to be up pretty much 99.999% of the time, so it's a stable solution and it works in that scenario.

It is very scalable. For example, in a private cloud, you're basically pulling your cloud environment from resources that you already have. So you pull those as, and when, needed. If you need additional resources, you can just throw in an extra server, or extra storage, extra capacity, extra processing. In the case of a public cloud, you don't need to have the infrastructure yourself. You're just calling it as, and when, you need it. You just ask for more storage, more processing, more compute.

They do offer support as, and when, needed. There are various support structures: 24/7, nine-to-five, four hours, one-time, next business day.

They do help in a situation where, for example, there's a fault. They also help with diagnosis. They also help with firmware upgrades and glitches in the system so you can get a fast diagnosis and fix the problems.

We started using HPE Cloud CDN in 2016. Our aim is to meet the needs of our clients, so we offer solutions based on their needs. We use it to handle day-to-day IT processes faster and more efficiently. You don't have to use it, but if you want to be ahead of the game, then you do have to use it.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I'm an HPE channel partner.
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Akamai, StackPath and others in CDN. Updated: June 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.