HPE ConvergedSystem Review
For us, the most valuable features include: High Availability and the ability to add Serviceguard on top as a solution.

Valuable Features

High Availability (HA) and the ability to add Serviceguard on top as a solution. HP offers the extra layer for failover.

Improvements to My Organization

Experience - HP has been doing it for a long time and they are not a new supplier. It’s a bit more expensive, but it’s safe. They have a lot more consultants trained on HANA already.

Evaluating - we looked at the IOPS. It's very much integrated with SAP as opposed to other vendors. 3PAR is strong and their appliances are strong. We already use the blade solution.

Migration - smooth and safe because we already know it.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see a full flash array added and the pricing improved, as HP is expensive.

Use of Solution

ConvergedSystem for SAP HANA- It's currently in the proposal stage. We've already purchased licenses and we'll be implementing it within a year to a year and half.

It's stable, which was the main reason I chose it. The CIO said that I was completely responsible for the solution and that I need to be comfortable with it.

Expensive, but scalable.

It could be better. Every company has tech support outsourced, which is frustrating.

All of our SAP consultants realized that we need to go to with HANA. R3 is over and every one is doing a migration. It’s hard to move out of Oracle, but we feel we have no choice.

We are currently getting proposals. Either directly from HP or a reseller. We want an end-to-end solution and migration help. Proposals from other vendors don’t even come close to HP.

Other Solutions Considered

Cisco, of whom we are a customer, Flexpod, Netapp, and Nutanix. They promise a lot but they are not yet ready.

We chose HP for the expertise. Over the last four years we had a 99.9% uptime. Hard to leave something that is working so well to go to another vendor.

Other Advice

Look for a full solution from end to end. You also want mission critical support. We also needed a vendor with a lot of experience with the product who can help us with the migration. It's hard to find the good ones.

Be sure to dig deeper than hardware. Resellers take advantage of flash storage, but they don’t really have expertise. Nutanix has a great presentation and pricing, but don’t deliver.

HP is on the right track and is the way to go.