HPE ConvergedSystem Review
The simplicity of it helps people who aren't necessarily IT specialists to use it.

What is most valuable?

One of the biggest things is, the fact that it can be a turn-key solution. With the ConvergedSystem system, you've got a small 2U platform that supports your storage, networking, and also has your compute in it. The other nice thing about it is, because it's a small form factor, you reduce footprint in your IT data center. It helps with power and cooling issues. The simplicity of it helps people who aren't necessarily IT specialists to use it. You can have it in your ROBO environments. We support Microsoft and VMware with this software.

What needs improvement?

My biggest pet peeve with the HC250 are the descriptions that they put on our parts list. For example, multiple times now someone asked me, they said, "Hey, they want to take this option off the quote," and I said, "No, it's required." Then they came back to me and they said, "You know the customer, they don't believe you," and I said, "Okay." Basically, with ConvergedSystem, if you're doing a VMware solution, you don't have to buy the software from us. If the customer has the correct licenses, the correct type of licenses, it's an option for them. The description for the software that's required, which includes the VSA, which includes our OneView integration, which includes all this other stuff, they call it the VMware software license. People think they can remove that and so, they come back to me and I say, "No. This is what this part number includes, but it's the description." There's my biggest pet peeve with ConvergedSystem.

You can scale out by adding additional nodes, which will increase performance capacity for you.

What other advice do I have?

It would depend, but my advice would be that, if you're interested in a converged system, then go and buy it. However, it just depends on what the customer wants. You need to know what you want, because there are different solutions that support different workloads and things.