HPE ConvergedSystem Review

Significantly reduces our backup times

What is our primary use case?

We implemented a complete system and then 3PAR storage solutions. We are very happy with the implementation.

How has it helped my organization?

We had an old system, but it got to a point, because of age, and the data limitations, that backup times and operations were taking too long. After we migrated to this environment, everything changed. Our applications are performing at their best and the backup times have been reduced from about four hours to 30 minutes.

What needs improvement?

We would like the system to be even faster.

Everything is intact, everything is perfect.

We got it about three years ago. We have a policy that we don't scale. We use a system for about five years and then we change the whole system.

Our company policy is that every five years we have to upgrade our equipment.

Everything in our environment is HPE. Recently, some other vendors have been knocking on our door. We have done our research and what we found is that nothing out there is comparable to HPE. Since it's working for us, we don't see a reason to switch from HPE.

The initial setup was complex because it was the first setup for that implementation engineer. He really struggled. We got to some points where there was no way forward. We searched online and found solutions and moved on.

In our previous environment, we were using fiber switches where you just plug in.

What other advice do I have?

I'm very satisfied with HPE systems. We don't have any issues with their hardware or their backup software.

1 visitor found this review helpful