HPE ConvergedSystem Review

Stable and scalable with excellent ability to restore lost machines

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a container-as-a-service. We use it to host containers. It effectively supports a cloud-based container system.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable feature is its ability to restore lost machines. Essentially its high availability capabilities are extremely valuable to us.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to be easier to use. The administration's ease of use it poor and it needs a better administrative console.

The solution has a complicated front-end.

In terms of features, the solution is very complete. It doesn't seem to be missing features that I can see that would need to be added in future releases.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is incredibly stable. It's one of the great advantages of the product. We've never faced any problems when it comes to stability.

The solution is highly scalable in a modular fashion. We've never had any issues with scaling.

The tech support is really good, both online and with engineers. We've been satisfied with the level of service we've received.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant and have experience working with the solution both as a consultant and as an end-user.

We currently have thousands of people using the solution. In our IT department, we have about ten to 15 people working on the solution as admins.

I'd advise others to choose their use cases carefully. It's suitable for certain environments but not all environments.

Others would also be sure to read the small print and really understand the solution before implementation as well. For example, beware of any additional licenses you may need.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. If it had a better administrative console, I'd give it full marks.

380
More HPE ConvergedSystem reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Dell EMC Vscale Architecture
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, FlexPod and others in Converged Infrastructure. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.