HPE Enterprise Routers Review

Support for cellular range for Wi-Fi technologies is very good

What is our primary use case?

I don't personally use the solution, but for my customers who are enterprise companies we generally go with a modular version which is the HSR, MSR series. We use high-end enterprise routers and I work as an independent consultant for these companies.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature would be the support for cellular range for Wi-Fi technologies, there is extensive support available. We also have the option of writing a 4G or a 3G network. I heard they are coming out with 5G now, but that depends on Huawei rolling it out in India. Manageability of the routers is very good.

What needs improvement?

Compatibility with other platforms could be improved. It's mostly around agreeing on security compatibility with other platforms, that's where we have to do a lot of integration.

The same applies for additional features with regard to compatibility and security. Going forward I'd like to see compatibility with an application firewall, and an anti-spam solution.

I've been providing this solution to my customers for the past few years.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable solution.

I'm very satisfied with the technical support we've received.

Initial setup is straightforward. Deployment time really depends on the network condition at the time. With all the resources in place we'll put in a router and have it up and running in less than a day. Deployment time and number of staff involved really depends on the number of routers that you're trying to manage and on the client's site.

Licensing costs really depend on the size of the company and their requirements so it's hard to provide an amount.

Cisco was a potential option that we evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

More HPE Enterprise Routers reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Enterprise Routers
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, MikroTik and others in Routers. Updated: May 2021.
479,763 professionals have used our research since 2012.