HPE Ethernet Switches Review

Extremely stable with good technical support and relatively fair pricing

What is our primary use case?

We're using all HPE network devices. All the core network infrastructure depends on this one solution.

What is most valuable?

The solution is the backbone of our HPE network devices.

The solution is very, very stable.

Technical support is quite good, although we haven't had any real problems with the solution and therefore do not really need to contact them.

What needs improvement?

We are satisfied with the set of features already on offer through HP. We don't want to improve anything and we don't need any other new features.

The pricing could be better.

The installation can be quite complex. However, that may not be the fault of HPE and is rather more related to the way our infrastructure is arranged.

I've been using the solution for over a decade. It's been more than ten years at this point since I first started using it.

The solution is extremely stable, and we haven't had any major issues to contend with. We like to be safe, so we do employ a failover solution. We buy it in pairs to ensure the stability of our infrastructure. It doesn't crash or freeze and there aren't bugs or glitches. It's very, very reliable.

We've been satisfied with the scalability. We'll continue to use the solution as we haven't had any issues with it.

We do have technical support access, however, we don't really ever use it as we don't need them. These are very stable products, so we don't have to change the hardware and we don't have any big issues with it. HPE is now providing a level three type of service, so we have a partner who provides us with any technical support we may need and they can solve any problems. That said, we haven't had a big one.

The initial setup is not straightforward at all. We had a project to install these devices, however, our infrastructure is quite difficult. We had to do a lot of customization.

We bought the latest solution in the past three years and we'll use it for three more. It took more than a month to install everything.

We used five team members to handle the deployment process.

We're using integrators who are experts in HPE to assist us in installations due to the unique nature of our infrastructure.

The pricing is very reasonable. However, it could still be lower to make it more affordable to mid-range organizations.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with HP.

I can recommend it to middle size companies due to the fact that it's stable and the prices are quite fair. It's also very popular as a product, so it's easy to find experts to manage it.

Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. It really isn't lacking, from our point of view, and has never given us any trouble.

More HPE Ethernet Switches reviews from users