HPE Ethernet Switches Review

Cost-effective and straightforward to set up

What is our primary use case?

These access layer switches are used by our branches for user LAN connectivity.

What is most valuable?

These are the basic access layer switches used for connectivity among users, and they are cost-effective.

What needs improvement?

We sometimes have issues with the stability of our POE switches. If there is any fluctuation in power then we will face an outage with our POE switches, so this is something that should be improved.

We have been using these switches for between four and five years.

These switches are partly stable but we do sometimes face issues with them. We do plan to continue using them in the future.

We have these switches deployed in different branches and in many cities.

In our office, we have between 10 and 12 users.

We are only using this product for basic purposes, so we do not require technical support from HPE.

We were using Cisco Ethernet switches before we switched to HPE. The HPE switches are almost the same and we switched because they are more cost-effective.

The installation and initial setup are straightforward. The minimum time required is half an hour.

Our in-house team is responsible for deployment. We have five or six team members who are engineers.

There are no licensing costs for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I can recommend.

More HPE Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about HPE Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.