HPE Ethernet Switches Review

Fast, stable, and comparable to other options on the market

What is most valuable?

The solution is great in the sense that it has all of the capabilities of all of the other switches and it is very competitive in the market.

The solution is very stable.

The speed is very fast.

It can scale as well as other switches on the market.

The pricing is very good. It's less expensive than, for example, Cisco.

The installation is very easy.

What needs improvement?

The solution could always improve its stability. It's pretty stable already, however.

The solution is very comparable to Huawei, however, it could be more scalable. Huawei is easier to scale.

I've been using the solution for several years at this point.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable in terms of the performance it offers us.

The solution can scale well. It's comparable to other switches on the market in terms of its scalability potential. If a company needs to expand it, it should be able to do so.

We have 200 users on the solution currently. We do plan to continue to use the product.

I've been in touch with technical support in the past and have found them to be very helpful and responsive. We're satisfied with the level of service we receive when we contact them.

I use a variety of different solutions. I work with Aruba Switches and Ubiquiti Switches as well as Cisco and Huawei Switches.

The process of installing the solution is not overly complex or difficult. It's very easy and extremely straightforward. A company won't struggle with the process at all.

The deployment is very fast. It doesn't take much time. Of course, different requirements mean that users need to take into account different configurations.

One of its greatest selling features is its price. It's very cheap - much cheaper than Cisco. That, coupled with its general comparable capabilities to other items on the market make it a very attractive option.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are currently using.

When you compare it to other switches, there are no real big differences. It may have a few different specifications here or there, however, largely, it's comparable to everything else that is also on the market.

In general, on a scale from one to ten, I would rate the solution at an eight. I've been largely quite pleased with its overall capabilities so far.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies and users.

More HPE Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about HPE Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.