HPE Ethernet Switches Review

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is that it naturally works well with other HP products. Our headquarters uses HP products, and it only makes sense that we also do so in our office. Not only do we use HP switches, but we also use their APs and our entire wireless solution relies on HP products so that our infrastructure works together and has consistency.

What needs improvement?

I think that Cisco's switches are more stable, so HP's switches could really be improved more with stability. HP switches are also more expensive than 3COM switches, as we've spent close to two $2 million. It would be great if it were less expensive.

We purchased them in 2008, but haven't upgraded since.

It deploys with no issues.

We don't really have any issues with stability. If and when something goes wrong, we just restart them. Most of the problems we have are on the server side, which seems to be more sensitive for us.

We have four sites with more than 1,400 employees and more than 300 or 400 switches -- and there have been no scalability issues.

We used 3COM and then moved to Cisco, which was more stable. And then we moved to HP.

We looked at Cisco again, but they're expensive yet have a good reputation.

What other advice do I have?

HP switches are probably the best quality product for the price. That's the most important thing someone should look for when deciding which solution to use.

More HPE Ethernet Switches reviews from users