HPE Ethernet Switches Review

We're using the Converge series of switches, and we're quite happy with the easy-to-use common line. They're easy to administer and manage.

What is most valuable?

We're using the Converge series of switches, and we're quite happy with the easy-to-use common line. They're easy to administer and manage, and never have any major problems. They're stable and reliable.

How has it helped my organization?

We're able to offer every user very high-speed internet for both transferring data and downloading from the network. This is a solution that actually works best in a very high-speed environment.

What needs improvement?

All its features fit our needs right now. It's not too pricey and it's not a series that will end any time soon. We stick with what we know.

It's actually quite stable. We haven't had problems with performance, upgrades, updates, different versions, etc. We're quite happy with the stability.

Scalability is also quite nice because we're used to stacking the switches up to five or six units. It would be nice to be able to stack more than that, but we don't have the need for it right now, just in the future maybe.

The level of technical support depends on the topic. We've had some not-so-good experiences where our tickets were left open because they couldn't solve our problem.

The initial setup is quite complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would not suggest implementing MSM controller solutions, but you can't make a mistake with HP Converge series switches.