HPE Ethernet Switches Review

Functional interface, unique features, and easy installation

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as an enterprise network switch.

What is most valuable?

The main features of the solution I have found to be the interface and unique features other solutions do not have. Additionally, they have a lifetime warranty on the hardware.

What needs improvement?

There is some improvement needed for the power supply of the solution.

I have been using the solution for approximately five years.

We had 8,000 students using the solution in one of my client's organizations. We do plan to increase usage in the future.

The customer support is very good, you create a ticket and they get back to you quickly with a response.

I was using other solutions previously, such as Fortinet, Cisco, and Juniper Switches. I prefer FortiSwitch more than HP Switches because FortiSwitch has more capabilities that are not supported by any other solution, for example, FortiLink. However, HPE is a very good company and is very large.

The initial installation is easy.

All the solutions have a license for the QSFP. Additionally, there is a one-time license fee to increase the interface speed.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate HPE Ethernet Switches a nine out of ten.

More HPE Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about HPE Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.