HPE Ethernet Switches Review

Very stable with simple management and easy scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for data communication, the data center, and wireless. All of our switches are HP.

What is most valuable?

The switches offer simple management. I can control what I need using CLI. CLI commands are very simple and are somewhat similar to Cisco CLI. We can manage them, we can update them freely, and the warranty is unlimited. This is the solution's most valuable feature.

The solution uses a single interface and that interface contains everything.

We have been using the solution for about ten years.

The stability is very good on this solution. There have been no bugs, glitches or crashes.

Scalability on the solution is easy. It's not too difficult. Right now, we have about 150 users on the solution.

We've contacted technical support many times. They are quick to respond. We're satisfied with them.

I have used Cisco switches before. Cisco updates are more difficult on switches. Also, the initial setup is more difficult.

The initial setup is easy. Deployment only takes a few minutes.

I handled the installation myself.

The pricing is a bit lower than Cisco switches.

What other advice do I have?

We use the 2500 PoE switches.

I have a lot of experience with HP switches. They're very reliable and are implemented easily. The features that they offer are more than enough for our hospital. There are other features on solutions like Cisco and Juniper, but for what we need, this solution is perfect.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More HPE Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about HPE Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.