HPE Ethernet Switches Review

Good management system, good support, and guaranteed for life

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for the office network connection.

What is most valuable?

What I like the most is the management system integrated with the HP system. Our server is HPE and we have the management system to supervise. Now it is our system, but at the same time, it is the HPE because it is integrated into our system.

What needs improvement?

I am now using a new model because we had a problem with the speed, but the problem was with the network infrastructure, not with the HPE. We did not have the fiber backbone in our company.

We need more support to fix simple issues. For example, to find a problem in the LAN or why the systems speed is slow.

When we have a lot of clients on the system, we lose signal and have to restart our antenna.

It would be better to be able to provide my number and have the information needed in regards to the equipment when a change is proposed.

You will need the assistance of a technician because the implementation is not that easy.

If you change your old equipment then it will be replaced but you have the same issues in five years' time because HPE does not have the equipment to solve my issues.

In the next release, I would like to see technical support for simple issues and to simplify the implementation.

I have been using this solution for six years.

This solution is stable.

The switches have been installed for a minimum of five years, and have never been switched off. The problem is the cable or the rack gripped the cable, not the switch.

The switches are old, but there are components available that are not too expensive.

We have fifty users. This includes a technical and IT office with three people, a mechanical office with ten engineers, and an electronic office with three engineers.

This solution is scalable.

In our company, we want to change to a Fiber backbone and the switches we have are too old and only have STF ports with a maximum speed of one gigabit. The network needs ten gigabits to scale one gigabit for the client.

The technical is okay for our system. With the issue we have now, we contacted web support. We were satisfied with the support that we received.

We had a problem with the shipment being lost, and they had to ship another one, but that was a problem with the shipper and not HPE.

The support not only solves my problems but they try to solve future problems that may occur.

Previously we used Cisco Atlantis. We switched to HPE because we had a good impression of this solution and good experience with the switches. Our network system was also older, with older equipment.

I find the setup in Cisco to be more difficult than HPE, but I know HPE better than Cisco.

If you use the web interface, the GUI interface, you need to have a basic knowledge to manage the network, it's easy. If you use the command line interface it's not as easy.

The time it takes to deploy really depends on the complexity of the network. If, for example, you have one HPE switch without a VLAN system, it's not easy. A network deployment can take a week with ten switches and to set up every port.

To implement this solution to make a separate VLAN for the CMC or to deploy the VPN connection we used an external technician. The technician, in this case, was HPE certified.

There were three options, but we prefer HPE, it was our first choice.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to draw the network system before calling a technician. It's necessary to do a good job.

The price is not the only thing to consider when making your decision.

The switches are guaranteed for life, it's a great solution.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

More HPE Ethernet Switches reviews from users