HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity Review

The flexible way to pay for everything that you need and pay as you go

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is to build a large enterprise storage cluster.

We are using the service to do colocation.

How has it helped my organization?

The service has eliminated the need for overprovisioning. If we do not have this type of service, we would have to buy storage for five years and use maybe 50 percent of that storage right now.

Our IT team is more productive right now. We eliminated the need for doing some manual tests.

What is most valuable?

It is the flexible way to pay for everything that you need and pay as you go. We can pay for just what we need right now.

It has great flexibility and scalability. It is a very good, stable service.

What needs improvement?

The time to receive a price when I am going to a proposal is too long.

100 percent, it is a very stable service. We have not had any outages.

It is a great way to scale.

The technical support is very good.

We are a solution provider, and we bought new storage to provide services to our customers.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is a very simple, easy to install and implement.

We deployed it in-house.

We have seen ROI.

We have reduced our organization's capacity management efforts around 40 to 50 percent based on the personnel managing the service, since this is the easiest way to manage.

It has saved our organization 30 to 40 percent.

The service has decreased the time it takes to deploy IT projects by 50 percent. When we don't have this type of service, we need to take 45 to 60 days to have storage ready. Right now, we have a buffer onsite and are online in a few hours.

We have reduced a lot of our VMware licensing costs.

Lenovo and HPE were on our shortlist.

We chose HPE because this was the more precise service.

What other advice do I have?

Look carefully and understand with this model you can buy just what you need right now, and not overprovision.