HPE Hyper Converged Review

Excellent data protection features and is easy to add additional load

How has it helped my organization?

So far the solution has simplified the usage.

What is most valuable?

I've found the data protection features the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The price can be improved. We would like to see support for some open source virtualization technology like for example KVM.

I've been using the solution for 9-10 months.

Stability is very good.

In terms of scalability, a lot has been done so it's quite easy to add additional load. Since it is only a testing system, there is a relatively small number of people using the solution right now. Less than 10 people are using it.

In general, HP has good technical support. There are local teams here, and usually, the first level is done by contacting them. HP is not directly present. They changed their model, and a new company, that they selected, represents them here.

We did previously use another solution, but we felt it was time to try something else.

The setup was quite easy.

We implemented with the help of HP.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that this solution is good depending on your needs and on budget. It's a good solution. Compared to the previous solution we used, it may not be vas good. But generally speaking, it's okay. I cannot say anything bad. It's only very small differences.

I would rate this solution eight out of 10. I would still like to see some other hypervisors available as an option to be used on the system - like KVM or Microsoft Hyper-V.

More HPE Hyper Converged reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, Nutanix and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.