HPE Integrity Review

Reliability and scalability were good when we started using it. It is old technology, so there is not much growth that we can do now.

Valuable Features

It's very reliable. It's an old technology so it's very reliable, efficient, and strong. At the time that we used it, it was scalable so we were able to put as much CPU as I wanted up to 64. Now it's something different, but that's basically it. Reliability and scalability were good when we started using it.

Improvements to My Organization

We're able to increase when the customer has growth needs and requirements, we're able to add more functionality on the same hardware without investing or purchasing more, just by the scalability of it, were able to do that faster.

Room for Improvement

It is old technology, so there is not much growth that we can do on it now. If we need to add more, we have already reached the maximum on that Superdome, plus it's huge. It takes a lot of space in the data center power. So it's not from a power perspective, from a space perspective. It's an old technology.

We are in a much more advanced environment, and now we look at things differently. The power consumption of it, the space that it takes, all of that, that's something that lowers the rating.

It's very stable.

It is an old technology and it really met what it was meant for, but now it's time to move onto the newer technology that they have. We're moving to X86, and the DL 360, 380 generation 9 servers. It has reached a maximum and we can't grow anymore.

We use them for our failures, diagnostic perspective, hardware replacement, and hardware growth. The technical support is very good at HP. To be honest with you, the expertise that we have, the technical team that we deal with, they're very expert and they're very efficient.

I came in after it was installed.

I came in after it was installed. I think it was very smooth deployment for it. That's what I heard from my predecessors, as it was really a very good product.

Other Advice

I doubt anyone would be using or looking at Superdome now, at this point, and they will look at something more scalable and advanced and so on. I'm not sure people really are this relevant to Superdome discussions.