HPE Integrity Review

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a database server for SAP systems, and it is performing very well.

What is most valuable?

• High availability
  • Speed of execution
  • IO capabilities

How has it helped my organization?

It is an open system with an HP-UX. It is very close to the Linux operating system, but much more reliable. That is why we have chosen it.

More than five years.

The stability is much more than the industry standard servers because of the higher availability that has been designed into it.

It scales very well; much better than industry standard servers.

Most of the computing is going to be in Linux, so there is not much more engineering going into this system with HP-UX. So, probably not only us, but also other customers are going towards Linux systems, but probably on Superdome X instead of Superdome.

They are very good for their Superdome. They are excellent and specialized.

It is because of the special sales service contract with the Superdome that you get the right people to talk to.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

Yes, we looked at other options but this solution provided the best value for the money. Also, we chose this solution because it was the right solution for the operating system that we had at the time.

What other advice do I have?

Migrating away from Unix is driven by SAP themselves, because they are moving towards HANA, and HANA only runs on Linux.

If you are looking for this type of solution, evaluate all options, including growth, then choose the right systems for your company.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• The stability of the vendor
  • Their investment in future technologies
  • Their reliability.