Micro Focus Network Node Manager Review
Actually it makes our life a lot easier in identifying if you've got problematic areas.

What is most valuable?

We mainly use it for monitoring notes, and if you've got outages and stuff like that.

How has it helped my organization?

So actually it makes our life a lot easier in identifying if you've got problematic areas.

What needs improvement?

That is a little bit difficult for me because I haven't been personally dealing with the software directly, so the subcontractor has been the face in informing us what the product is capable of. Hence we came to the sessions now in order for us to have first-hand information on what all these products are capable of.

I've been using it, let's say for four years.

So far it has been stable for us, although we might be using an old product. So we haven't really been upgrading and getting to the latest and greatest versions.

I can't really comment about scalability. Our company is a little bit stable, in the sense that the company hasn't grown much. We don't necessarily have too much control over what we can do because most things are regulated from outside the company. So getting to do new things is a little bit of a challenge for us.

We fortunately work with a subcontractor that is dealing with HP. So there's a middle-man to talk to in case we run into problems.

I wouldn't say I know about the setup because most of the work was done by the subcontractors.

What other advice do I have?

We base our decision of vendor really around the support issue. It's really about stability of the product you have, and your escalation levels should also be playing a role, because if you run into problems, you need to know who your friend is.