HPE Nimble Storage dHCI Review

A user-friendly solution combined with simple implementation

What is most valuable?

The deduplication features are quite valuable to us.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more compatibility with other vendors.

I have been working with Nimble DHCI for roughly one year.

It is stable. Our end-users did not experience any issues.

Nimble DHCI is scalable.

Sometimes the technical support would get back to us in two hours, but other times it would take them two or even three days to respond. Usually, they explain that the issues we are experiencing are quite simple to rectify and don't really impact the system.

We previously used an EMC server for storage, but we found that implementation was easier with Nimble DHCI.

Nimble is really user friendly and not complex.

Pricing depends. We suggested Nimble to our customer even though we wouldn't be making a profit; however, we proposed to sell NetApp. Nimble charges roughly 25% more interest than NetApp.

We evaluated many products that are equivalent to Nimble, but because we are an evaluated retailer, it really depends on the end-user. When we receive a product, it is only a system, but we can take a look at the actual product, for example: what are the advantages of using Nimble vs. what are the advantages of using NetApp?

What other advice do I have?

Be sure that your end-users understand and know what they want regarding the ILPS. Sometimes the configuration that they have is not appropriate for their needs and could be more efficient. It all comes down to the needs, their RTS for example.

As I have no other product to make a real comparison, I would give this solution a rating of nine out of ten.

More HPE Nimble Storage dHCI reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vSAN
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, Nutanix and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.