HPE Nimble Storage Review

Stability at a price that we expect, but the non-standard dimensions create challenges

What is our primary use case?

We will be using this solution for virtualizing specific workloads that we have.

What needs improvement?

The most difficult part about Nimble was the fact that it didn't have a standard length. It had a prolonged length to standard servers, which made it slightly challenging to get it installed and we had to switch racks around.

I have been using HPE Nimble Storage for 20 days.

We are still in the installation phase, but will probably be using the latest version.

In the 20 days that we have been using this solution, it has been stable.

From what we have investigated, it's pretty scalable.

The preliminary test shows that it does what we want it to do. We will continue using this solution in the future.

We have approximately 20 users in our organization.

We have not contacted the technical support yet.

We have a team of five to maintain this product.

We had an HPE engineer install this solution. We purchased the installation package with it.

I would classify it as an expensive product. It's a high-end product.

It's quite expensive, but it's what you would expect from a storage box.

We evaluated Pure Storage FlashArray and IBM Storwize, which is now called IBM Flash Array.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I would recommend to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate HPE Nimble Storage a seven out of ten.

More HPE Nimble Storage reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE Nimble Storage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.