HPE Nimble Storage Review

Plenty of features, user friendly, and portal useful

What is our primary use case?

The solution is used for a storage area network(SAN) that we store files and backups on.

How has it helped my organization?

The SAN has been great, it has been a big help.

What is most valuable?

Some of the beneficial features I have found are the Block-level backups, the interface is easy to use, backups work well and the portal is functional.

What needs improvement?

We want to start storing data in the cloud really soon and we are looking at other options. If there is a solution that could combine Azure backup and interconnect it with storage on-premises and on the cloud, this would be great. This solution could already exist by HP, I have not done the research yet or know what the process looks like.

I have been using the solution for three years.

I had no problems with stability.

Scalability is something we are looking into with HA and failover features at other locations. This is part of that project we are working on. I do not know right now exactly how scalable the solution is but I might know soon.

Our whole company SAN, uses the solution of approximately 700 employees.

The solution is a little pricey compared to others on the market.

What other advice do I have?

I rate HPE Nimble Storage a nine out of ten.

More HPE Nimble Storage reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE Nimble Storage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.