HPE Nimble Storage Review

Lowers latency and resolves boot storm issues in virtual desktop environments.

What is most valuable?

It's not that expensive and it really brings the latency down; that was the promise from their end and it really did.

How has it helped my organization?

Since we are using virtual desktop environments, we had to deal with boot storms and we solved this issue with Nimble.

What needs improvement?

For me, this product has everything I need in there. What could be improved is performance monitoring, i.e., if it can get even better than what it is now, I will be happy. For example, there should be an exact drilling down to any workload/any virtual machine/any identified issue. So, if an issue appears and there is latency, there could be a faster or easier way to know what the reason is and how we can resolve it with Nimble.

15 months

no issues

The product is very stable.

We are considering to scale it. We did consider it once and we might consider in the future as well. I had the impression that we can easily scale it.

very good

very good

We were using a different solution. I was visiting a specific software house conference (the software that we were using then), they had Nimble there and I was really interested; I asked them questions and then, eventually, it turned out into a project.

While selecting a vendor, I want to be sure that we are getting good value for money and having good performance; for me, that's the main priority.

The setup was very easy, it was a matter of a couple of hours.

the vendor came here at the very beginning and set all up

I looked at the traditional products out there and did a comparison with Nimble as well. For example, we compared EMC Storage with NimbLe and I also did consider SimpliVity, at the time but for this specific workload, it turned out that Nimble had the best approach.

What other advice do I have?

Absolutely, try it out. For me, it was very easy because Nimble offered us to try and buy. They just came, set up the box, and I had a whole month's time to try it; it worked perfectly. For me, it was really easy.

More HPE Nimble Storage reviews from users