HPE NonStop Review

They're innovative, proprietary servers with a strategic position in the marketplace. We're still going to phase them out.

Valuable Features

They've been very reliable since we started using them in 1978, but we're going to replace them in a few years.

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

We have to replace the software because the software is key. In three or four years, we'll completely phase them out. Also, there are no knowledgeable people for this product. They're all in their 50's as no young people are interested in this technology.

I think HP NonStop is a very valuable platform, especially regarding HA of course, but its largest disadvantage is that it's a proprietary platform. That's one if the reasons that we're going to phase it out in due time. I can imagine that companies are and will be using the platform, and we'll use it for many more years as it's certainly a strategic platform for HPE, but on the other hand, I cannot imagine that any company will choose it as a new platform.

We've never had issues with deployment.

We have never had any issues with the stability.

We've always been able to scale it sufficiently.

We're satisfied with the technical support of HP.

We've used it for so long that I don't think we've used another solution.

The initial setup was so long ago that I don't know whether it was straightforward or complex.

Other Advice

I would never advise someone to buy or to implement the new NonStop because it's hard to find skilled people.