HPE NonStop Review

Availability is important since we are a 24/7 shop.

What is most valuable?

Availability (AL4) is key. We are a 24/7 shop and we have customers all over the world who require 24/7 transaction access. They need to pay, process, or make transactions for whatever service they need. The HPE NonStop solution is rated with the highest level of availability in the industry.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a 24/7 shop, so availability is very important.

What needs improvement?

The products/systems are the best of the breed. But this is diminished by the software vendors who seem to make the solution very expensive.

I have used this solution for 17 years.

We did not encounter any stability issues.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

I would give technical support a rating of 10/10.

We did not use a different solution previous to this one.

The initial setup was straightforward and HPE support was great. The Global Customer Support Center (GCSC) and the technical support database are well updated.

The NonStop system is well priced, but the software that runs on it is quite pricey. Maybe HPE should deal with all the software vendors directly and negotiate more customer friendly pricing. Depending upon where you are in the world and what currency you use, this can really become an issue.

Nothing else compares to this solution. We never evaluated anything else.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a 24/7 shop and availability is what you are looking for, then buy HPE NonStop.

NB56000
More HPE NonStop reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Super Micro, Cisco and others in Blade Servers. Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.